In this ongoing series, we speak to the people who run dive centres, resorts and liveaboards from around the world about their businesses and the diving they have to offer…
What is the name of your business?
Fuvahmulah Scuba Club
What is your role within the business?
How long has the business operated for?
We operate 4 dive centres in different locations in Maldives (Cocoon Maldives, Drift Thelu Veligaa,
South Ari Dive). Fuvahmulah scuba club is a new dive center in Fuvahmulah.
How long have you dived for, and what qualification are you?
I am the owner of the dive centre, I am an Advanced Open Water Diver and I started diving in the past
1 year only. But our Dive instructors are all qualified and have more 10 years’ experience in the diving
What is your favorite type of diving?
My favourite dives are deep dives.
If you could tell people one thing about your business (or maybe more!) to make them want to visit you what would it be?
The Tiger shark diving in Fuvahmulah is the most exciting dive any diver could have. It is 100%
guaranteed to see the tiger sharks from a very close distance. Also, Fuvahmulah Island treasure
sharks, and Oceanic Manta and Hammerheads are spotted often and it makes diving with us special.
What is your favorite dive in your location and why?
My favourite dives are Tiger Shark diving and Oceanic Manta diving.
What types of diving are available in your location?
Night diving; Deep diving; Open water diving; Drift Diving; Rescue diving.
What do you find most rewarding about your current role?
Meeting divers and sharing experiences with them.
What is your favorite underwater creature?
Are there any exciting changes / developments coming up in the near future?
A new dive boat will be here in next 3 months.
As a center what is the biggest problem you face at the moment?
In Fuvahmulah everything is well organized and all the staff are given specific tasks. Each and every
team member does their job very well. We do not have any problem in organizing the dives for our guests. Yes! But the island has 7 Dive centres and each dive centre have specific time schedule for diving with tiger sharks. So we also as a dive centre get limited time to dive with tiger sharks.
Is your center involved in any environmental work?
Not at the moment.
How do you see the SCUBA / Freediving / snorkeling industry overall? What changes would you make?
As a diver I would say we have a passion for underwater and we must keep the underwater clean
and neat always. Not dumping any type of plastic in to the sea even if it a very small thing (example: cigarette butts)
What would you say to our visitors to promote the diving you have to offer?
We are a team of professionals; we will ensure you have a safe and memorable diving holiday in
Where can our visitors find out more about your business?
You can visit our website by clicking here.
123 Baby Sea Turtles Released in the Maldives
Kagi Maldives Spa Island has celebrated the first turtle hatching of the season with the release of 123 sea turtles.
Guests, associates and team members from Euro-Divers Kagi Maldives gathered on the beach to witness nature’s wonderful event as the resort’s ‘Green’ team took the lead to carefully guide 123 Hawksbill hatchlings to their first journey to the ocean on Tuesday, 15 June 2021, one day before the WWF’s World Sea Turtle Day.
For more information visit the Euro-Divers website by clicking here.
Emperor Divers’ Sale: BOGOHP and up to 25% off selected sailings
Summer is nearly here in the Northern Hemisphere and a lot of people will be enjoying trips in their own countries for a few months yet, but many divers cannot wait to get back to warm, clear, tropical waters. Staycations are fun, but for divers nothing beats the feeling of submersing yourself on the reefs, walls and channels of the tropics surrounded by pelagics and fish of every size and colour.
With a backlog of rescheduled bookings from 2020, a lot of Emperor Divers’ summer and autumn 2021 trips are full, but to help divers get a trip locked in they are offering some Buy One Get One Half Price on remaining trips for 2021, 2022 and even 2023! No buddy to travel with? No problem; they can offer up to 25% off the price on the same selected trips! With a low deposit of 10% and flexible cancellation terms for anything pandemic related, divers can book with confidence and relax knowing they have a fantastic warm-water dive trip to look forward to at an equally fantastic price.
Visit https://www.emperordivers.com/blog/2021/06/june-2021-offers.html for more details and an online list of the below sailings. For more details or to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RED SEA 2021
- 22/07, 02/09 & 16/09 Echo – Red Sea Sharks – was €1239, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €250, Now €989
- 16/09 Asmaa – Simply the Best – was €1249, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €250, Now €999
- 02/12, 09/12 & 16/12 Echo – South & St Johns – was €949, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €240, Now €709
- 17/12 Superior – Reefs & Wrecks – was €999, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €250, Now €749
- 23/12 & 30/12 Echo – South & St Johns – was €1179, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €300, Now €879
- 24/12 & 31/12 Superior – Reefs & Wrecks – was €1229, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €300, Now €929
RED SEA 2022
- 06/01, 13/01, 20/01 & 28/01 Echo – South & St Johns – was €949, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €240, Now €709
- 04/02, 11/02 & 18/02 Asmaa – Reefs & Wrecks – was €899, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €180, Now €719
- 05/06 & 12/06 Leo – Best of Maldives – was €1629, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €400, Now €1229
- 10/06, 03/07, 10/07, 24/07 & 31/07 Voyager – Best of Maldives – was €1479, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €369, Now €1110
- 15/08 & 26/09 Explorer – Best of Maldives – was €1979, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €494 , Now €1485
- 22/08, 29/08, 12/09 Serenity – Best of Maldives – was €1829, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €459 , Now €1370
- 19/12 Explorer – Best of Maldives 10 nights – was €3069, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €769 , Now €2300
- 19/12 & 26/12 Atoll – Best of Maldives – was €1799, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €449, Now €1349
- 25/12 Leo – Best of Maldives – was €1949, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €489 , Now €1460
- 02/01 Atoll – Best of Maldives – was €1695, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €420 , Now €1275
- 02/01 & 26/01 Serenity – Deep South & Southern Sharks 14 nights – was €4795, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €960, Now €3835
- 08/01 Leo – Deep South & Southern Sharks 14 nights – was €3795, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €760, Now €3035
- 09/01, 16/01 & 23/01 Atoll – Best of Maldives – was €1695, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €340 , Now €1355
- 01/05, 08/05, 15/05 & 22/05 Serenity – Best of Maldives – was €1995, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €500, Now €1495
- 25/09 Harmoni – Komodo & Maumere 9 nights – was €4860, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €970, Now €3890
- 19/12 Harmoni – Best of Raja Ampat 9 nights – was €4860, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €970, Now €3890
- 10/01 & 19/01 Harmoni – Best of Raja Ampat 7 nights – was €3780, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €945, Now €2835
- 28/01 & 08/02 Harmoni – Best of Raja Ampat 9 nights – was €4860, BOGOHP or SAVE 20% / €970, Now €3890
- 03/05/, 10/05, 17/05 & 24/05 Harmoni – Bali & Komodo 7 nights – was €3640, BOGOHP or SAVE 25% / €910, Now €2730
- Offers apply to a limited number of places per sailing and may be removed at short notice. Not applicable with any other offer or discount.
- Applicable on new bookings only with immediate effect. Normal payment terms & conditions apply.